Commissioner Zygmund-Felt was elected to office on November 7, 2017, and was sworn into office on January 2, 2018. He serves as Vice Chair of the Finance Committee in 2018 and is an active member of all the Township Standing Committees with a particular focus on Building and Zoning, Public Works and Public Safety.
He has been extensively involved both Township-wide and in the local community:
- Lived in Cheltenham as a resident of the Sixth Ward since 1979.
- Worked for Local, State and National Candidates as well as serving as Ward Leader and Committee Person (active in 71 out of 74 primary and general elections as of 2018)
- Served on a number of Cheltenham Township Citizens Committees and on the Board of the Cheltenham Art Center
- Served as coach, referee and umpire for Cheltenham Jayvees, Old York Little League and Junior Jewish Basketball League
- Held leadership roles in both the Melrose Park Improvement Association (MPIA) and Concerned Citizens for Ashbourne (CC4A) regarding proposed developments, each of which resulted in downscaled size, scope and potential impact on the Township.
Professionally, he has been a senior marketing and brand management consultant, spending more than half of his nearly 40-year career commuting to New York City in the advertising agency and technology service businesses, mostly within the Omnicom Group. He is a founding partner of Amity Health, which was formed to facilitate knowledge and technology transfer into healthcare from disciplines outside of medicine. He is also an equity partner in HealthSaludUSA, a multi-media bilingual property serving Hispanic healthcare professionals and consumers.
He is a graduate of Central High School (Class of 230) with his undergraduate education from Temple University, College of Liberal Arts in Sociology and Economics. Mitch and his wife Allyn moved into their first and only home here in Cheltenham from Northeast Philadelphia. They raised their two adult sons here, both of whom graduated from CHS and Temple University. Allyn is a Reading Specialist in the Philadelphia School District.
35 Carter Lane
Elkins Park, PA 19027