Burglar Alarm Permit Fees
All burglar alarms in the Township, including both commercial and residential
alarms, require a permit per Cheltenham Township Code 1846-95.
Effective for 2012, per Resolution 35-11:
- Fee for application for new alarm system: $50
- Fee for yearly renewal of user's alarm permit: $25
- fee for users age 65 or older: $20
- Late charge fee for activating a new alarm system before obtaining a new alarm permit: $35
- Late charge fee for failing to obtain a yearly the renewal alarm permit in prior years: $35 per year
- Late charge fee for failing to pay the renewal alarm permit within 60 days of being invoiced by the Township of Cheltenham in the current year: $35
- Restoration fee for an alarm user whose permit was revoked: $600
More Information: Contact the Accounting Department at 215-887-6200, ext. 146 or 148.