NOTE: DO NOT INCLUDE INVASIVE PLANTS with leaves, twigs, grass clippings and other garden debris in biodegradable paper bags during any of the scheduled collections. Invasive plants should be discarded with household refuse in bags labeled "Invasive Plants." Only 20 bags of invasive plants will be accepted per refuse collection. State law requires that other garden debris be recycled, so Township crews will not accept them with household waste.
Leaf and Garden Debris Collection Routes
The 15 designated routes are identified on the map below. (Click map to enlarge.)
Please follow the accompanying schedules and guidelines for the most efficient program. When leaf volume is light early in the program, crews may collect leaves in routes ahead of schedule. But each morning they will always return to the route scheduled for collection that day. Inclement weather may occasionally delay the program. The goal is to complete all collections before winter weather arrives because leaf vacuums are ineffective in snow and ice. To receive emails about any schedule delays, sign up for E-Notifications.
- Loose Leaf Collection Schedule
- Rake leaves to the curb no more than 14 days prior to the scheduled collection day, in accordance with Township Ordinance. Violators will be subject to fines.
- Rake only leaves; DO NOT include twigs or branches, which may jam the leaf machines.
- Do not put leaves into the street immediately after a collection.
- Round two is a two-day collection, but all leaves must be placed out by 7:00 am on day 1 of the collection. Crews will not return once they have passed your home on day 1 of the 2-day collection.
- Loose Leaf Collection Tips (PDF 10/24/19)
Note: The loose leaf collection schedule is subject to weather delays. For the latest update, call 215-635-4600.
Bagged Leaves & Garden Debris
small branches and other garden debris should be recycled together in
biodegradable paper bags. Check the route map or the list of routes by street names
to determine for your collection route number. Collections are held on
Fridays, generally alternating each week between Routes 1-8 and Routes
9-15, unless affected by a holiday.
- Use biodegradable paper bags only. Biodegradable paper bags are sold at the Public Works Facility, 8101 Old York Rd. Monday through Friday, 7:00am-1:00pm
- Put bagged leaves at the curb just prior to their scheduled collection day.
- Do NOT put invasive plants, trash, large branches, dirt, stones or rocks into the biodegradable paper bags. Invasive plants should be discarded with household refuse in bags labeled "Invasive Plants." Only 20 bags of invasive plants will be accepted per refuse collection.
Residents may also drop off biodegradable paper bags at the Waverly Road Compost Facility on weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., unless affected by a holiday. The compost facility is located on Waverly Road between Church Road and Cheltenham Avenue in Laverock.
- Never discard leaves, grass, twigs or garden debris (other than invasive plants) with regular trash.
- Have gardeners cooperate with the collection schedules.
- Do not park over leaves since heat from a vehicle may ignite them.
- Never burn leaves or place leaves at the curb anytime after the final collection, as stipulated by Township Ordinance.
Disposing of large branches requires an
appointment for a special collection, which entails a fee. However, no
branch collections will be scheduled during the fall leaf collection