Emergency Sewer Backups
Sewer calls will be handled by Aqua, and not Cheltenham Township.
If you have a sewer emergency, or see water coming out of manholes, please contact the Aqua PA call center at (877) 987-2782.
If you experience any of the following issues, please call Aqua (877) 987-2782.
- your toilet or sink overflows.
- your drain makes a gurgling sound.
- you smell a sewer odor.
- your drains work poorly during a heavy rain.
Do do not email or call the Township or Commissioners because Aqua now owns and manages Cheltenham Township's sewer system.
- Don’t flush diapers, paper towels, baby wipes, wet wipes, medications or any other material – except toilet paper and human waste – into toilets.
- Minimize the use of garbage disposals.
- Don’t dump cooking grease into drains. (See Fats, Oils and Grease Ordinance.)
- The Township will not be responsible or be liable for damages and/or losses that occurred due to the negligence or the fault of another party.
- Tips of avoiding sewer back-ups and drain clogs