WHAT: This week Montgomery County will operate a Multi-Agency Resource Center (MARC) for residents affected by Hurricane Ida.
Media are invited to tour the inside of the center ahead of its opening on Wednesday. Media are only allowed inside during this preview tour. All media must remain outside while the MARC is open to the public to protect resident privacy.
- Valerie A. Arkoosh, MD, MPH, Chair, Montgomery County Board of Commissioners
- Kenneth E. Lawrence Jr., Vice Chair, Montgomery County Board of Commissioners
WHERE: Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, 2 W. Lafayette Street, Norristown, PA 19401, free parking is available on site.
DETAILS: The MARC will be open on Wednesday, September 8 from 12 noon to 7 p.m. and on Thursday, September 9 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. At the MARC, residents will have access to representatives from non-profit disaster relief organizations; municipal, County, and State emergency management agencies; elected officials; and various County and State government human services agencies. Masks are required for anyone entering the building.
Spanish translators and American Sign Language interpreters will be available to assist residents in accessing various services. Masks are required for anyone entering the building, regardless of vaccination status.
At the MARC, residents can meet with representatives from the following agencies and organizations (listed alphabetically):
- American Red Cross
- Bridgeport Borough
- Community Connections
- Horsham Township
- Lower Providence Township
- Medical Reserve Corps
- Montgomery County Department of Commerce
- Montgomery County Department of Public Safety
- Montgomery County Office of Public Health
- Montgomery County Recorder of Deeds
- Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
- National Flood Insurance Program
- Norristown Borough
- Office of Mental Health & Mobile Crisis (DCORT)
- Office of Senator Amanda Cappelletti
- Office of Senator Katie Muth
- Pennsylvania Attorney General’s Office
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
- Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency
- Pennsylvania Insurance Commission
- Salvation Army
- Southeast Pennsylvania Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD)
- Upper Dublin Township
- Upper Providence Township
- Veteran’s Affairs of Montgomery County
- Victim Services of Montgomery County
- Your Way Home
The MARC is within walking distance of SEPTA’s Norristown Transportation Center, providing access to numerous bus routes and the Norristown High Speed Line. Regional Rail service on the Manayunk/Norristown Line has resumed between Center City and Spring Mill Station. Service between Spring Mill and Elm Street will remain suspended until further notice.
For the latest on Hurricane Ida recovery efforts, visit https://www.montcopa.org/Ida.