The Montgomery County Board of Elections released today upcoming deadlines and information for the 2021 election cycle.
2021 Primary Election Deadlines:
- Monday, May 3, 2021: Deadline to Register to Vote in the Primary Election (postmarks do not apply)
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021 by 5 p.m.: Last Day to Apply for Mail-in or Absentee Ballots
- Tuesday, May 18, 2021: Primary Election Day, polls open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 25, 2021: Last day to receive Military and Overseas Absentee Ballots
2021 General Election Deadlines:
- Monday, October 18, 2021: Last Day to Register to Vote in the General Election (postmarks do not apply)
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021 by 5 p.m.: Last Day to Apply for Mail-in or Absentee Ballots
- Tuesday, November 2, 2021: General Election Day, polls open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021: Last day to receive Military and Overseas Absentee Ballots
Registering to Vote or Updating Voter Information: Residents must be registered or make any updates to their voter registration by May 3, 2021 in order to vote in the Primary Election on May 18, 2021.
Because Pennsylvania has closed primaries, voters that choose Democratic or Republican as their party on their Voter Registration Application can only vote only for candidates from their registered party and nonpartisan contests. Voters who choose a party affiliation that is not Democratic or Republican can only vote in nonpartisan contests. To check your voter registration information, visit www.montcopa.org/VoterRegistration.
Voting by Mail: Any
registered Montgomery County voter can apply for a mail-in ballot
online, download a paper form, or request that one be mailed to their
home at www.montcopa.org/VoteByMail.
who opted into an annual mailing list will receive their 2021 mail-in
ballot applications in early February, but can also apply online if they
prefer. If you receive an application in the mail and do not want to
vote by mail in 2021, simply dispose of the application. Mail-In ballots
are only sent to residents who apply, and will be mailed in April after
the ballot has been certified.
Residents should only submit one application for a mail-in ballot, as any additional applications will be rejected.
Ballot applications must be received by May 11, 2021 in order to
receive a mail-in ballot for the 2021 Primary Election. While completing
the application, the voter will be given the option to receive a
Mail-In Ballot for just the Primary or for both the Primary & the
General Election in 2021.
Voting in Person: Residents who plan to vote in person can visit www.montcopa.org/VoteInPerson to find their polling location, answers to frequently asked questions, and information about the role of each person working within a polling location. The Primary Election will be held on May 18, 2021, the polls will be open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
To learn more, visit the Montgomery County Voter Services FAQs page.
View Montgomery County's full press release here.