The holidays can be a difficult time for many who are facing mental health issues or substance use disorders. COVID-19 has also created many challenges and has either initiated or exacerbated mental health symptoms.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Committee (SAMH) would like to provide the Cheltenham community with resources available for individuals and families. Additional resources and/or information for these national and community helplines can be found at the links provided. For a more extensive list of COVID-19 resources provided by the SAMH, click here.
Support Phone Numbers
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
• The Crisis Text Line: Text “PA” to 741-741
• Veteran Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
• Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
• Substance Use Disorder & Alcohol Treatment: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
• Philabundance/WhyHunger Food Assistance: 1-800-5-HUNGRY (486479)
• MontCo Community Connections Navicates: 610-278-3522